Grass Watering Tips for Hot Summer Days
It has been a very hot summer and while you might be enjoying the poolside scorcher, your grass is probably starting to show signs of the heat. Don’t worry though, it’s not too late to save the once lushly green lawn you used to admire. Since it is summer and everyone is busy, we decided to give you an easy to follow checklist of grass watering tips to ensure your lawn gets back to fighting shape in no time!
- Turn the sprinklers on in the morning The air is cooler in the morning which keeps the water from evaporating before your grass has the chance to drink up.
- Don’t be too quick to turn off the water. A good rule of thumb is allow water to soak in about six inches into the ground. This will be about 15 minutes.
- If you have new grass, don’t go crazy! Baby grass and baby humans are similar in that as they grow and establish, they require more substance. This means use an oscillating sprinkler for new grass and pulsating one for the mature lawns.
- Get a timer; trust us, they are the best! A timer allows you to do other things and enjoy the summer, rather than stressing about how long the sprinkler system has been running.
- Like all good things in life, dedication is key. You can’t be sporadic with your watering and lawn care this summer. Don’t let your lawn be like all your forgotten new year’s resolutions: have a plan and stick to it. If you forget about watering, forget about the green lawn. This doesn’t mean you have to change your life to fit your grass, just stay consistent!
These are the five easy grass watering tips to keep your lawn lush this summer. Everyone can keep a lawn beautiful during the summer heat waves!